Together, we are facing a global Covid -19 pandemic that is disrupting every aspect of our lives. While we stay inside as much as possible, we still need groceries and supplies as do our animals. Some of us still need to go to work and interface with the public. No matter where or how you are hunkering down, we all need support – for our immune resilience, to manage our stress and emotional responses to the daily upheavals, and for some of us, to resolve the infection of this deadly virus itself. People need effective, safe healthcare NOW and why not brilliant treatments at a distance?
SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME THERE HAVE BEEN INDIVIDUALS WHO COULD PURPORTEDLY HEAL PEOPLE JUST THROUGH THEIR INTENTIONS
DISTANCE HEALING IS DEFINED AS MENTAL FOCUS OR INTENTION DIRECTED TO THE RESTORATION OF HEALTH OF AN INDIVIDUAL NOT IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE SENDER.
How could mind-body medicine work in the first place, let alone make a difference when done at a distance?
THE MIND-BODY ANGLE
- Your immune system responds with depletion and under performance.
- A sense of alienation and lack of connection has been shown to be the worst type of insult for the immune system – triggering reprogramming of the genes in the immune cells to both increase inflammation and debilitate your ability to fight off an infection.
THE STRESS ANGLE
How could mind-body medicine work in the first place, let alone make a difference when done at a distance? Your autonomic (think automatic functions here…like digestion, heart rate, breathing) nervous system has two modes – a gas pedal and a brake. Like your car, you can’t simultaneously drive it in both modes.
- Intercessory prayer, energy healing, shamanic healing, nonlocal healing, Chi Kung and Reiki
- Nonlocal healing defies classical physics and relies on a quantum explanation
- Einstein defined this as spooky action at a distance, quantum non-locality
- The bottom-line is that we don’t know exactly how this stuff works, but that’s true for many things.